Tuesday, July 28, 2009

"The Garth Factor" by Patsi Bale Cox

The Garth Factor by Patsi Bale Cox
B Brooks available at Beaufort, Bluffton, and Hilton Head in New Books


"Okay- I'll admit it. I picked up this title because I wanted to dirt on the Trisha Yearwood and Garth's so-called love affair and resulting nuptials. Fortunately for me, I am also a musician and love to read all things music related. I didn't get any juicy gossip about the Brooks/Yearwood union but I did learn a lot about the country music industry. Anybody who has listened to country music over the past 10 years knows a Garth Brooks song- he has definitely stamped the industry. The Garth Factor not only shed light on the present country music industry, it also gave me a glimpse into the life and music career of Garth Brooks, while also highlighting the changes he initiated to improve financial standing of working musicians and songwriters. Since I'm a fan of both Yearwood and Brooks, I wish them the best in their marriage!"


Review provided by Amanda Brewer, Beaufort Branch Library staff

No comments: